Decorative trays can add instant interest to a tabletop, display all your favorite treasures and corral clutter like nothing else. They are a designer’s best friend and can be one of the most beautiful and practical accessories in a home. I personally have decorative trays for various uses throughout my house. In my master bathroom I love to have my perfumes, lotions and potions beautifully styled in a tray on my vanity. In my family room, the brass and malachite tray that sits on my coffee table holds some of my most precious vintage glass, of the moment coffee table books, fresh flowers and a candle that gets lit every night as I come in from work. I even use a tray in my laundry room to hold glass jars filled with wooden clothespins, laundry soaps and sewing notions. Basically, I use decorative trays all throughout my home, and I love re-styling them often to fit the season and my interest at the moment.
Here are a few of our favorite tips and tricks to achieve a perfectly styled tray!
– Look for a tray that complements your room, but doesn’t blend into your tabletop.
– Create levels with books.
– Don’t be afraid to add a decorative box within the tray.
– Adding fresh flowers or a plant is always a YES!
– Trays are a great place to display a small collection of vintage accessories
– Add a candle, you won’t be sorry.
MY FAVORITE EMPORIUM HOME TRAYS